Thursday 2 October 2014

Lano Paints: WarmaHordes Journeyman League Harrier Lesser Warbeast

And that's another Warbeast down! 
And with that, my Battle Group finished! 
Il post some photos up later of the completed group!

Here he is!


 
To be honest I didn't spend ages painting him. Between university and a job, I have little time to get painting done unfortunately. 

But, once in our painting career, I'm sure you can emphasise with me, that at one moment, you add a little TOO much detail and you ruin a model? Yes, I think I may have done just that!
In celebration of my harrier being an absolute annoyance in the past handful of games, I thought he deserved some much needed battle blood. I only put a little on, but unfortunately, looking  at him now, I think it was a little too much. 
The blood effect took the colour away from his teeth which I thought really stood out. Which I liked because it's like, " hey I have loads of teeth, I'm going to chomp ya ya cunt!"
Excuse the English. 
I may have go over the blood effect with some base colours.
Anyways, it's here below.


Now time to talk TACTICS!!!
For those who are in my journeyman league and are reading this, I'm going to throw you a bone. If you're Mr Mike "I'm gonna punch ya" Dunnage, then you've already been on the receiving end of him/her/she/it.

It's animus is very useful. For one fury, it allows my next melee attack to automatically hit, then it expires.


So if your hitting high defence models, this animus is perfect. 
Although it is only RNG Self. So it's either going to be your Harrier or 'Lock dealing the hits. 
Great for use against high level Caster/Locks like Ashlynn. 
So it's use is pretty straight forward, pop animus on your caster for an assassination run, auto hit, pop animus again, buy attack etc rinse and repeat etc .
Where this animus comes in useful, is on the Harrier itself. For two fury, you pop your animus, you charge a target, you kill it and you run away with it's Sprint ability( Sprint allows you to make a full advance (SPD7) at the end of your activation if you killed one or more models during you activation, ignoring free strikes)
 
Pretty simple, pretty effective!
Use Harriers to hunt solos or important UAs. 
Hear that fellow Journeyman players, he's coming for your UAs and Solos!

Now for the few down sides this animus can present.

Obviously, RNG Self, but hey, we already have Eyeless Sight, no need to get huffy.
Also, critical hits.
Because the animus skips the dice roll to hit, you can not benefit from the Critical Hit effects from your melee weapon.

Eg. Rhyas with Critical Decapitation. 
Because she did not roll to hit, there is no Critical Decapitation.

And that's about it people.
Not much more for me to say than to say thanks to those who read my stuff.
I have people from across the seas reading my stuff, even a few people in Mexico!
And to those who are spying on my Journeyman league army, "Sod off ya cheatin' Basterddd"







1 comment: